The congressional election this November is shaping up to be incredibly consequential. Will Republicans maintain majorities in both chambers of Congress and allow President Trump to continue his unprecedented streak of growth and deregulation? Will Democrats capture at least one chamber and thereby be able to resist, obstruct, and delay the president’s agenda until 2020?
Besides the numeral outcome of the election, the politics of the ballot could not be more clearly divided as Republicans want additional tax cuts, better deals for the United States, less power in the federal government, a stronger military, defended borders, and strong immigration laws.
Democrats, however, want to repeal the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, they want open borders, they want to increase the corporate tax high, they want to shrink the size of the military, and they want to implement gun control measures.
In a tweet on Tuesday, President Trump highlighted another difference and even said he “strongly suggest voting Democrat” if they want the Stock Market to completely collapse.
“The Stock Market is up massively since the Election, but is now taking a little pause – people want to see what happens with the Midterms,” the president tweeted. “If you want your Stocks to go down, I strongly suggest voting Democrat. They like the Venezuela financial model, High Taxes & Open Borders!”
With one week to go until the congressional elections, Trump’s social media page is being used to repeatedly endorse Republican candidates from across the country.
He has said:
- Congressman Kevin Brady of Texas is so popular in his District, and far beyond, that he doesn’t need any help – but I am giving it to him anyway. He is a great guy and the absolute “King” of Cutting Taxes. Highly respected by all, he loves his State & Country. Strong Endorsement!
- Congressman Andy Barr of Kentucky, who just had a great debate with his Nancy Pelosi run opponent, has been a winner for his State. Strong on Crime, the Border, Tax Cuts, Military, Vets and 2nd Amendment, we need Andy in D.C. He has my Strong Endorsement!
- [email protected]_Paulsen, @Jason2CD,
@JimHagedornMN and @PeteStauber love our Country and the Great State of Minnesota. They are winners and always get the job done. We need them all in Congress for #MAGA. Border, Military, Vets, 2nd A. Go Vote Minnesota. They have my Strong Endorsement!
- Congressman @DaveBratVA7th is a fighter who is doing a great job for Virginia and for our Country. Border, Military, Vets, 2nd Amendment and all else. We need Dave in D.C. He has my Strong Endorsement!
- Congresswoman @cathymcmorris of Washington State is an incredible leader who is respected by everyone in Congress. We need her badly in D.C. to keep building on #MAGA. She has my Strong Endorsement!
- Congressman @RodBlum of Iowa got a desperately needed Flood Wall for Cedar Rapids that was almost impossible to get. He makes a BIG difference for Iowa! Border, Military, Vets etc. We need Rod in D.C. He has my Strong Endorsement!
- [email protected] of the 5th District in Virginia is a popular guy who really knows how to get the job done! Really big help with Tax Cuts, the Military and our great Vets. He has my Total Endorsement!
- [email protected]_Balderson is doing a great job as Congressman from Ohio. We need him in D.C. Vote for Troy – He has my total Endorsement!
- Great job being done by Congressman Keith Rothfus of Pennsylvania. Thank you Keith!
- In Florida there is a choice between a Harvard/Yale educated man named @RonDeSantisFL who has been a great Congressman and will be a great Governor – and a Dem who is a thief and who is Mayor of poorly run Tallahassee, said to be one of the most corrupt cities in the Country!