Homeland Security Confirms WORST FEAR About Migrant Caravan

Over the last few days, President Trump denounced the migrant caravan which he claimed contained criminals and gang members. Trump also said potentially violent people from the Middle East are hitching a ride with the caravan.

Mainstream media questioned how the president could know that information and openly doubted his assessment.

“Sadly, it looks like Mexico’s Police and Military are unable to stop the Caravan heading to the Southern Border of the United States. Criminals and unknown Middle Easterners are mixed in. I have alerted Border Patrol and Military that this is a National Emergy. Must change laws!” Trump tweeted on Monday.

Looks like he was right as Homeland Security is now confirming Trump’s comments and said the caravan, which contains over 7,000 people by most estimates, does include gang members and others with “significant criminal histories.”

[email protected] can confirm that there are individuals within the caravan who are gang members or have significant criminal histories,” said Department spokesperson Tyler Houlton.

In a pair of tweets posted on Tuesday afternoon, Houlton said the migrant group also includes people from countries in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and other places.

“Citizens of countries outside Central America, including countries in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia, and elsewhere are currently traveling through Mexico toward the U.S.,” he added.

The new discovery undoubtedly does more to further the talking points of Republicans and Trump who say the caravan must be stopped at all costs.

And, “Stopping the caravan is not just about national security or preventing crime, it is also about national sovereignty and the rule of law. Those who seek to come to America must do so the right and legal way.”

And, from the Washington Examiner:

The Department of Homeland Security on Thursday defended claims by President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence that violent criminals are a component of the Honduran caravan making its way through Mexico toward the U.S., after reporters at the White House questioned how they know that.

In the White House, Trump said he had “very good information” about the makeup of the caravan, but acknowledged there is no “proof” criminals are a component. Pence said it was “inconceivable” that criminals weren’t part of the caravan.

As Fox News reports, President Trump has repeatedly said that he would be cutting aid to countries which allow the caravan to freely pass through its borders:

Trump also said as a result of the governments’ of Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico failing to stop the migrants, the U.S. would begin “cutting off, or substantially reducing” foreign aid.

The three countries received about $500 million from the U.S. in fiscal year 2017. That money funds programs that promote economic development and education, as well as supporting democracy and human rights. It was not immediately clear how deep the cuts might go, though the administration already had been pushing to reduce the government’s global aid and foreign operations budget by about 30 percent for fiscal 2019, which began Oct. 1.

 

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of